Traveler's diarrhea happens when you consume food or water contaminated with bacteria, viruses, or parasites. You can take the following common sense precautions to help prevent traveler's diarrhea:
• Do not drink any tap water, not even when brushing your teeth.
• Do not drink unpasteurized milk or dairy products.
• Do not use ice made from tap water.
• Avoid all raw fruits and vegetables (including lettuce and fruit salad) unless they can be peeled and you peel them yourself.
• Do not eat raw or rare meat and fish.
• Do not eat meat or shellfish that is not hot when served to you.
• Do not eat food from street vendors.
You can safely drink bottled water (if you are the one to break the seal), carbonated soft drinks, and hot drinks like coffee or tea.
Gut Buddies® can also help prevent and alleviate traveler's diarrhea, occasional irregularity, and other gastro-intestinal disturbances. Suggestion: 3 to 7 days BEFORE travel take just one Gut Buddies® Probiotic Vege-Capsule with a meal and continue this one per day regime throughout travel and at least 3 to 7 days after travel/vacation has been completed.